NESST SASU Manager
Message from County Commissioner, Steven Tupper:
Following on from my e-mail in February I’m pleased to say that I’m now in the place to be able to recruit a new NESST Scout Active Support Manager (NESST SASU manager) to help move things forward.
Since February I’ve had discussions and meetings with a number of people who I know value NESST and are passionate about what it does. Thank you to everyone who has been involved with this.
What does the NESST SASU manager role involve?
I’m looking for someone who can keep the existing team together and help grow it. Importantly they must ensure the key responsibilities of NESST are realised:
- Organising and running the annual NESST Challenge Walk
- Supporting the work of the County by providing opportunities to its Districts and Groups, and providing support at Scouting events
- Enabling members to share best practice, providing advice, offering guidance and operating as an acknowledged reference point for County and District Teams
- Training leaders to be able to deliver first aid training effectively to leaders and young people
- Work in partnership with the Nationwide Communications SASU and the Medical Alliance SASU
- Actively promoting the support it can offer to Scouting in Nottinghamshire
The NESST SASU manager must also ensure:
- mandatory DBS, training etc is in place for all members
- NESST monies, assets, licences and insurances are looked after and ensure close links with the County Trustee Board
- risk assessments are in place and followed for all activities
The NESST SASU manager does not need to do this on their own. They will be able to appoint specific roles to help make it happen, for example a communications coordinator and events lead.
How do I apply?
I want to keep this really simple. If you are interested in the role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7 June, with 5 bullet points explaining why you are both suitable and would like the role. I’ll then have a conversation with all interested individuals before making the appointment. The successful individual will also need to meet with the County Appointments Advisory Committee and undertake the relevant training for the role.
If you have any questions or would value a conversation about the role please contact me at email@example.com. I’d be more than happy to talk with you.